At DePaul it’s been a tradition for our graduates to think bigger than themselves and to help pay it forward for current students who may need help next year. You have a chance to join your 2022 classmates in leaving a legacy by donating to support any area of DePaul that you are passionate about. Every gift, no matter the size, will make a difference. Once you make your donation you will receive a legacy cord to wear proudly at commencement.*
WHY GIVE BACK?
- Leave a legacy for future Blue Demons to receive the same world-class education and be part of the legacy gift tradition.
- Receive a legacy cord to wear at commencement to celebrate being part of a DePaul tradition.
- Invest in the value of your DePaul degree and help shape the university that you want future students to experience.
WHERE IS THE MONEY GOING?
There are many options on the right, and you choose the area you wish to support. You can choose from funds that support your college or school, or choose from one of these funds:
- The General Scholarship Fund is a critical source of funding for student scholarships
- The Finish Line Scholarship Fund is designed to help students who are close to completing a degree, but need an extra boost of support
- The DePaul Student Food Pantry is available to any DePaul student in need
- The Fund for Multicultural Student Success supports DePaul’s efforts to improve the retention and graduation rates of students of color and first-generation students, undocumented students and students with marginalized genders and sexualities
- The Fund for Student Affairs supports all of the programming and activities that make being a DePaul student such a fun and special experience
- The Fund for Mission and Ministry supports programs focused on community service, faith formation, and leadership development
- The Student Veterans Gift Fund helps us support those who have served our country, with a focus on community building and supportive services that help with the transition to college and beyond
- The Dream Big Fund for Athletics helps ensure our student-athletes are positioned for success—on and off the field
WHY I CHOSE TO GIVE
"As a first-generation college student and a transfer student, I didn’t know what to expect when I started my college career at DePaul. However, I quickly found my community within DePaul. The professors, advisors, and friends I’ve made here changed my life. DePaul has offered me a world of different opportunities, and connections within my industry. As a journalism student, I’ll never forget the first time I heard myself live on the news show for Radio DePaul. The financial aid I received as a transfer student was 100% necessary for my enrollment and success. I will be donating to DePaul and continuing the cycle of giving to ensure that other first-generation and transfer students can flourish at DePaul, just as I did. " -Billie R., Journalism student
"I’ll cherish the last four years at DePaul for a lifetime. From the wonderful professors I’ve had as a Journalism student, to getting involved with Radio DePaul, I can’t express my gratitude for DePaul enough. DePaul has allowed me to grow personally, academically, and professionally. Without the scholarships I received, I never would have had the privilege of attending college. I’m donating to DePaul because I want to every student to experience the same support I have and be able to truly enjoy every opportunity DePaul has to offer!” – Nathalie H, Journalism student
Class of 2022, leave your legacy with a gift in honor of your graduating class.
*Cords will be distributed at the Alumni Relations table at cap and gown pickup.